Mildridge Farm was situated on the road just outside Colnbrook on the road to Horton. The farmhouse was approximately where the Datchet sailing club is today.
From ‘The History of the parish of Wraysbury, Ankerwycke Priory, and Magna Charta’ (Published 1862):
‘Passing Millbridge Farm, to which access is attained by a bridge, we attain another called Mildridge Farm, of some 600 acres in extent, recognised in the older records, a house square and of solid stamp, with barns of considerable extent and durability, such as attach a real credit to the county, and awaken pride in those who possess them. The spot is noted for a curious box hedge planted by Mr. Pullin, who was tenant here for many years, at whose decease it passed into the tenure of his son Stephen Pullin, a yeoman, thoroughly versed in the mysteries of agriculture. Mr. Pullin has been Churchwarden several years, and in his custody were lodged the parochial books, the conduct of the parish business ; the locality is noted for the attention given to tillage and farming operations.’
Churchyard Monumental Inscriptions from St Michael Horton:
‘On a horizontal slab, surrounded with iron rails, north-west side of the cemetery –
In this vault lieth the remains of Mrs. Ann Pullin, wife of Mr. Stephin Pullin of Mildridge Farm in this parish, died 4th July, 1818, aged 38. Jane, daughter of the above, died 20th December, 1811.
Also, Mrs. Elizabeth, 2nd wife of Mr. Stephen Pullin, died 19th April, 1833, aged 62. Also, Mr. Stephen Pullin of Mildridge, died 19th March, 1853, aged 80. A son, Nelson Edward Pullin, died 1854.’
In the 1970s Mildridge farm closed to make way for the Queen Mother reservoir, and at that time it was farmed by J Wicks & Sons.
1891 Ann Reffell
1901 Alfred Reffell
1911 James Wicks
1939 Ernest Wicks