This memorial commemorates the 80 residents of Ewell who were killed or missing in the First World War and was dedicated on 15 April 1917. The railings around it date from 1816 and are a memorial for the Battle of Waterloo. The tablet was originally attached to the Watch House, as a shrine, being unveiled on 15 April 1917, bearing the names of the first 29 men officially confirmed as dead. More names were added in batches, again in the order of official confirmation of death. The tablet was moved to its present position sometime in the 1960s. The 80 men commemorated are also commemorated on the St Marys churchyard memorial.
Commemorated here: William Ayling, age: 20, death date: 22 September 1917